You may be able to save a significant amount of money on your car insurance by simply shopping. The State of Texas has developed some easy to use resources to help you save money. You can find out more by visiting OPIC's "Shopping For Auto Insurance" page by clicking here.
OPIC's mission is to work hard each day to make the Texas insurance market more transparent, efficient, and responsive to its customers. We represent the interests of Texas consumers in regulatory matters involving auto, residential property, and title insurance and we participate in rulemaking proceedings for life and health insurance. We also work with the Texas Legislature and interested stakeholders to advance the interests of Texas insurance consumers.
We are always seeking to improve so please tell us how user-friendly you found this site by filling out our consumer survey.
Thanks for visiting and please come back often.
HURRICANE HARVEY INFO:
- OPIC Article that addresses the unique insurance claim process for the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) is available by clicking below:
- TDI has extended the 60-day deadline to file for appraisal on a TWIA claim an additional 60 days. A TWIA customer now has 120 days to request appraisal after they receive a full or partial payment on their claim. This gives them more time to consult a contractor or other expert to analyze the claim payment. The order is below.
- The Governor's Commission to Rebuild Texas website: www.rebuildtexas.today
- The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) and The Texas Office of Attorney General both have dedicated consumer help hotlines for any Harvey-related isues. Please see below for their information:
Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline: 1-800-612-0508
or via email at: email@example.com
TDI Consumer Helpline: 1-800-252-3439
and a Help after Harvey website: http://www.tdi.texas.gov/consumer/storms/helpafterharvey.html
- For additional information on insurance coverage for storm damage to your home or auto please review this article on our website: http://www.opic.texas.gov/resources/articles-test/item/609-did-you-have-storm-damage-to-your-home-or-auto-and-need-help-understanding-your-insurance-coverage
Storm Recovery Assistance:
Disaster Assistance/Insurance Company Mobile Unit Locations throughout Texas: http://www.tdi.texas.gov/consumer/storms/mobileunits.html
FEMA: 1-800-621-3362 or www.DisasterAssistance.gov
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP): www.FloodSmart.gov
To file flood claims with the NFIP: 1-800-638-9487
Texas Windstorm Insurance Association: 1-800-788-8247 or www.twia.org