We’ve been working hard for consumers this year. Here are just some of our biggest 2018 achievements:
- Reviewed, analyzed, and intervened in approximately 1,500 rate, rule, and form filings.
- Advocated for lower auto and homeowners insurance rates and fees, resulting in lower rates and fees that saved consumers almost $2 million.
- Testified in an industry-wide workers compensation hearing, arguing for lower rates for Texas businesses.
- Filed a letter of objection with the Commissioner of Insurance opposing the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA)’s proposed rate increase on coastal policyholders.
- Updated Policy Comparison Tool to be browser and mobile-friendly and added filtering options.
- Redesigned our website with consumers in mind. Our new content is provided in an easy-to-use and plain language format. Features of the website include: an agent comment portal, shopping guides and checklists, HMO report cards, and a helpful list of health agencies and resources.