Residential Property Insurance

Do you have questions or need help?

Agent or company. If you don’t understand your policy or have a problem, talk to your agent or insurance company.

Texas Department of Insurance (TDI). If you have questions or complaints, contact TDI at: 

Phone: 1-800-252-3439



Mail: Consumer Protection MC 111-1A, P.O. Box 149091, Austin, TX 78714-9091

Office of Public Insurance Counsel (OPIC). If you need general info about insurance or have questions, contact us at:

Phone: 1-877-611-6742


Mail: Office of Public Insurance Counsel, William P. Hobby Building, 333 Guadalupe, Suite 3-120, Austin, TX 78701-3942


Other Resources


800-621-3362 |

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) responds to state-of-emergency disasters. Contact FEMA to see what help is available to you.


877-336-2627 | 

The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood insurance. Contact NFIP to file your flood claim or obtain flood insurance for future losses.


800-788-8247 |

The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) offers coverage for wind and hail losses for coastal consumers that are unable to obtain that coverage elsewhere.


800-979-6440 |

The Texas Fair Access to Insurance Requirements Plan commonly known as the Texas FAIR Plan Association, FAIR Plan, or TFPA offers residential property insurance to Texas residents that are unable to obtain coverage elsewhere.

Our Office

Barbara Jordan Building

1601 Congress Ave., Suite 3.500

Austin, Texas 78701