Helpful Health Links
Learn About Health Care Coverage
- Texas Health Care Costs has info on what medical services usually cost.
- Texas Health Care Information Collection has data about the quality of care for hospitals and HMOs.
- Texas Health Options can help you learn about health plan quality and cost.
- HealthCare.gov is a federal website with info about health insurance in your area.
- Healthy Texas helps small businesses get health insurance for their employees.
Medicaid and Medicare Resources
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Children’s Medicaid provide health insurance for children based on household income.
- The Office of the Ombudsman helps consumers with HHSC-related questions and complaints.
- Medicaid Managed Care Helpline offers help with health and long-term care services through their Texas Medicaid managed care programs (STAR, STAR+PLUS, or PCCM). Call 866-566-8989.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is a federal agency that oversees Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP.
Resources for Aging Texans or Texans with Disabilities
- HHSC Aging and Disability Resource Center offers services and support for people over the age of 60 and people with disabilities.
- Texas Health Information, Counseling and Advocacy Program can help you enroll, find info, and provide counseling about your options.
Federal Resources for Workers
- US Department of Labor Employee Benefits Security Administration manages parts of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and gives workers info about their health benefits.
- The Federal Employee Health Benefits Program Handbook compares and rates the health plans available to federal workers.
Barbara Jordan Building
1601 Congress Ave., Suite 3.500
Austin, Texas 78701